Monday, August 1, 2016

Married! Our Vows


Processed with VSCO with hb1 preset
We got married this weekend! There’s so much to share about the wedding and the whole planning process, and how we managed to plan an entire wedding WAY under budget! But first, a funny story:
We both wrote out our wedding vows a few weeks to a couple months before our wedding, and on the morning of, we were both so rushed, we ended up forgetting to print our vows out! Who forgets their wedding vows?!!! Lol. And on top of that, Derek’s phone decided to glitch out and switched off right when it was time to read our vows. So we ended up coming up with things to say on the spot.
We ended up reading the original vows to each other later that night, which somehow felt more meaningful, but we figured we would also share them here on the blog too, for everybody who wasn’t able to come, and for us to be able to look back on this and remember.

Derek to Joanne
Joan, I take you to be my wife. I will love you unconditionally and without hesitation, for it is your heart that moves me, your spirit that inspires me, your humor that delights me, and your hand I want to hold for all of our days. 
I promise to love you, to always strive to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you when life seems easy and also when times become difficult, when our love is simple, and when things become complicated.
I will love you forever and always. You are so many things to me, and I am sure you will be many more in our life together. No one is perfect, but with all of your strengths and weaknesses, and with all of mine, together we are perfect. You complete me in more ways than I could have thought possible.
I will be the joy of your heart, and I will be the food of your soul. I promise to wash away your tears with my kisses, and hold you with passion. My affection will know no bounds. I promise to love, respect, and trust you, and give you the best of myself, for I know that together we will build a life far better than either of us could imagine alone.

Joanne to Derek
Derek, 
This is maybe the most important thing I’ve ever had to write and I have no idea where to start. How do I begin to tell you and the world, how much you mean to me. I have found the one who my soul loves, and not just my soul, but my mind, my heart, every part of me, has found love in you, in the deepest truest sense.
Every single journey I’ve been on, has led me straight to you, and I can honestly say, I’ve searched the entire world, and haven’t found a man quite like you, or experienced a love anywhere near ours. We’ve shared so much in only a drop of time, but every minute I’ve spent with you has felt like minutes where I fit more and more into God’s plans for my life.
You and I fit, in the weirdest, but the best ways, and share so much in common, it’s obvious from a million miles away, that somehow, some way, He would have had us find each other. The road hasn’t been easy, my life before you, or your life before me, but look where we are now. Our love lays no claim to perfection, there have been obstacles we have needed to cross, but we did it babe, and we’ll continue to do it.
I vow to stand by your side through it all, to be your unwavering shield and support, to defend you in all my power, to be your helper and your best friend. I vow to love you and honor you before all others. Your needs are my concern. I vow to be the wife I was created to be for you, to never shut you out, to always talk to you, to always share with you and to always give of myself to you. I vow to respect your uniqueness, and to help you grow to the highest areas of your potential. I vow to love and take care of you and of our children all the days of my life, and to help you build the home you dreamed of. I vow to be yours forever, for better or worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, till death do us part.

I get emotional even reading these again. Ahh, love! So what to look forward to are: pictures and probably my favorite post to write will be how to plan a wedding under $2000, because I’m super proud of what we accomplished in this planning process! Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment