Thursday, May 18, 2017

AP's Day: Month I

I'm introducing a new tradition to my family. Every month, on the date of your birthday, we as a family celebrate you in one way or another -- nothing major. Even if it's just reminding you of who you are and all the things we love about you.

As our family gets bigger, I think it'll be a fun way to make sure all our kids get time to get loved on by us, and I see these as special date days, where each kid gets 1 day a month to go out with me and Derek and do something they love to do.

Today is the 18th, which makes today AP's Day!



A. You are every bit your name - you are happy, joyful and I consider myself very, very fortunate to be your mom. You are by far the easiest introduction to motherhood I could have hoped for. We can already tell you are going to be incredibly strong - you were strong making your way into this earth and you are strong still. Every day we ask God for the wisdom to mould your strength to be purposeful to His Kingdom.

You are a leader, and you know what you want, when you want it. You are also just the sweetest, and your smile melts our hearts every.single.time. You are determined and independent, but you also know when you need help, and take it when you can get it. Your touch can melt the stiffest of hearts and you will bring healing to a lot of people in this world. Your eyes are bright and you are incredibly aware, and I think you inherited my discernment, and I hope as you get older, you're able to look beyond the surface and see the heart of the matter in everything that's presented to you. I pray for wisdom to mark your character, all the days of your life.

God's word for you this month:

"There won't be a day, when He's not by your side, 
there won't be a day, than He'll let you fall.
In all of your life, His Word will be true, 
For all of your life, you will worship Him."

That my son, is the key, that's all you need. His Word, and to worship Him, because He is always by your side, and He will never let you fall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment