Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Moving To Idaho

I’m about to share one of the world’s best kept secrets. Idaho.
I don’t think I would ever have looked at a map and chosen Idaho, but now I can’t imagine my life anywhere else.
DSC_0095
DSC_0096
DSC_0097
It felt great to be back on the road together, and listen to some familiar tunes, and try some new restaurants, and see some new sites.
One thing that I have to keep at the forefront of my mind is a reminder to be thankful. People pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to experience the beauty we’ve gotten to experience in the past month.
My friend asked me if I felt like I was dreaming haha. Honestly, I do and I don’t. I do because I dreamed about days like this and moments like these for the majority of my life, and I dreamed about sharing these experiences with someone I loved. At the same time, I don’t, because everything feels so normal and natural and very much like real life, like this is where I was made to be, and that I’m with the person I was meant to be with, and I just fit into a space that was mine from the very beginning.
movingtoidaho1
I feel like I’m alive for the first time in a long time, haha, I know that’s a lofty statement, but it’s true. I feel like the colors are brighter, and the air tastes sweeter and I feel a sense of freedom I hadn’t felt in a long time!
DSC_0101
DSC_0103
Unlike driving from Idaho to California last January, this time, our car did pretty well. Also unlike previous trips, we were able to take our time, and stopped along the way to take some pictures, on our (early birthday present) new Nikon!
DSC_0104
DSC_0106
DSC_0107
DSC_0108
So now we’re in our new home town, I’m in my new apartment, I enjoyed a couple of cold days up on my mountain and got to light a fire in my fireplace for the first time ever, but that’s a story for another day.
I can’t wait to see what all this season has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment