Monday, April 18, 2016

Answered Prayer


Ladies and gents, we have found our new apartment!

The day after this post, the freaking out that ensued, and the mini night of worship that continued on my bedroom floor for the better part of that Friday night, we prayed about it and reluctantly resigned ourselves to the fact that we would have to settle for an apartment neither of us really liked. Among the things we were willing to settle for was the fact that there was no laundry on site and we’d have to schlep across town to get clean clothes. Truthfully, it didn’t matter to me, we’d be together, that’s what matters, right? Realistically though, those are the little annoyances that breed silly fights, who wants that?

Regardless, we prayed about it, got my best friends and mom to pray about it, and left it at that. Derek got a call back on Saturday morning from a place we had found online but hadn’t really considered fully because it seemed like a bit of a long shot, and they hadn’t put down what their pet policy was. We had called anyway not expecting much, but they got back to us the next day and set up a showing for Monday.

We looked into the place a little more, and it fits everything I could have wanted in an apartment. D went up to meet the guy and checked it out, while I was holding my breath and praying over and over again that it would work out. When he finally called me I was waiting to hear any sort of sign in his voice to know if it was a yes or a no, and after a couple minutes of suspense, found out it was a yes!

Blessing number one is that it’s a couple hundred dollars cheaper than our budget. Also, it’s up in the mountains, so the summer isn’t going to be brutal – that was a huge concern for me, coming from California’s 90 degree Spring(!) The space is fantastic, the area is beautiful, it really is everything, and more than I could have asked for! I’m so beyond thankful for this incredible blessing, praise God!!!


Needless to say, we are both over the moon and counting down the days!


No comments:

Post a Comment