Saturday, April 16, 2016

God Will Perfect All Which Concerns You



It deserves a paragraph all of it’s own. We’ve been looking for an apartment for me for the past 3 or so months, and we’ve finally got some of the logistical issues taken care of, now it’s just a matter of finding the perfect home. Neither of us have a lot of patience, especially when it comes to the bigger things. We need a plan, we need to see things start to fall into place before we can sit back and watch them unfold. Now, we find ourselves in a place where my landlord has already found a new tenant for my room, and so by the end of this calendar month, I will be homeless.

It’s definitely taken it’s toll on me, but more so on Derek. I have to keep reminding myself that we’re on the same team, I’m not in this alone, he’s as concerned – if not more – than I am. So we take turns reassuring each other. Even if truthfully maybe neither of us feel it, one of us has to be the one to step up and say, “Hey, we’re going to be OK.” That’s what partnership looks like – one of us needs to pick up the baton, and the other person has to be the loudest, most obnoxious cheerleader in the stands.

I’ve been snippy all day, adjusting to the closing of this season and the uncertainty of the next, and in need of some answers. Most of all, I just need a hug and some love and someone to tell me that it’s all going to be OK. Wherein he took the baton, found out what’s wrong with my heart and spent 30 minutes loving me and encouraging me. Followed by texting one of my friends and my mom an emergency, “please pray” text, which brought this beautiful response…

“God will perfect all that concerns you guys in Jesus’ name.”

I’m thankful for that reminder, and it’s pushed me back to my knees until I remember that, there’s nothing that I have need of, there’s nothing He hasn’t done.


No comments:

Post a Comment